This summer Aspen and I are headed to Texas! I have accepted an internship in the Dallas Fort Worth area. I hope to do as much traveling as I can while I’m here. A few things on my “Texas Bucket List” are :
1. Visit the Fort Worth Stockyards and attend a noon church service at the Cowboy Church.
2. Go to ‘First Monday Trade Days’ in Canton, TX.
3. Take a road trip to West Monroe, Louisiana to visit the Duck Commander warehouse. duh.
4.Visit Round Top, TX. the antique capital of the world.
5. Eat Texas BBQ, this might be a challenge since I am from the home of BBQ Kansas City.
6. Go to Luckenbach, TX. Waylon Jennings swayed my vote.
7. Eat at ‘The Salt Lick’ in Driftwood TX.
8. Buy a pair of steer horns for the entry way of my house.
9. Visit Caddo Lake in TX/LA and explore the bayou.
10. Drive Texas Hill Country.
Any Texas residents have any ‘Musts’ I should add to my list? I am excited to explore the Lone Star State!